You can purchase the bee unit study and more on the link below:
– Thank you for trying my resources!
Hey sweet friends, I don’t know you but the kids and I are having a blast with bee week.
We are tagging along with the #ENWChoneybeeweek for #explorenaturewithchildren and it’s been really fun to see all the amazing resources that you can find out there in the wonderful world of creative mamas in Instagram.
We watched a couple fun videos that we found in my friend Lynn’s blog from @raisinglittleshoots . Did you know that once nectar is turned into pollen inside the bee’s stomach, the bee vomits it in the moth of another bee?! (I thought that was gross and interesting!) 🙂
I had to add arts and crafts to whatever it is we are learning so I gathered a couple different types of bird seeds and other pantry items (Hello old popcorn kernels forgotten in the back!)
On Tuesday we read lots of book about bees and learned how to differentiated bees from wasps and different places where bees make their homes. Here are a couple of the books that we read. I might receive a little commission if you purchase through my links. To purchase the following books scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. Thank you!
- La vida de una Abeja by Dona Herweck Rice.
- Jorge el curioso Un hogar para las abejas/Curious Geore A Home for Honeybees by H. A. Rey.
- Kaia y las abejas by Maribeth Boelts.
Today is Wednesday!
On Wednesdays we find different, easy, healthy and fun recipes to spend some time cooking together! The kids really look forward to it. Today we made the most delicious no-bake granola bars. It was only fitting since they have a honey base!
Here is the recipe 🙂
This is what we will be working on the rest of the week:
I designed a Unit Study that incorporates Spanish while studies our busy friends.
You can see it in detail here
But here is a preview of what’s included:
Additional links for an Amazing week of learning 🙂
- Beautiful educational: Anatomy of a Honey Bee. Check out WithHisGraceShop
- Adorable Biblical/faith content. Check out ArrowsAndApplesauce
- Recipe of the amazing no-bake granola bars. Visit Tawnie’s blog at https://krollskorner.com/recipes/5-ingredient-energy-bars/
- ¿Por qué hacen miel las abejas?(Why do bees make honey)
- How to draw a bee *easy* (in Spanish) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27kH838IExU
I would love to hear from you and if you decide to purchase my files please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Have an idea in mind of a unit study that combines Spanish, do let me know!
Thanks for reading and remember…
You can purchase the books mentioned above by clicking on the images below. I have them linked to my Amazon list of recommended.